Here is a quick spinach salad that anyone can make (I can make it, is a good clue !) :
- Pure Organic Baby Spinach, 3 oz
- Strawberries – Raw, 3 medium (1-1/4″ dia)
- Mixed Nuts (Planters – Deluxe With Sea Salt) – About 10 pieces
- Blueberries – 10
- Kraft Seven Seas – Green Goddess Dressing – 1 or 2 drops
- Sweet Chilli Sauce (Mae Ploy) : 1/2 tbsp (optional)
Just put out a bed of spinach on a plate. Add strawberries, nuts, blueberries and optional dressings. You can also substitute with your choice of berries and (fat free) dressing.
- Calories : 142
- Carbs : 15g
- Fat : 9g
- Protein : 4g
- Sugar : 8g (if you don’t add the sweet chilli sauce, 4g)
- Sodium : 279g
Spinach is alkaline in nature and hence it is great for you if you are on a higher protein diet. This salad is great as a lunch “first step” . Eat your grilled chicken or fish after this, and you have eaten a healthy, nutritionally balanced and filling lunch under 400 calories!